Monday, August 11, 2008

Be True To Yourself :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am realizing very quickly just how many people around me aren't true to themselves.
Why live behind a mask? Why live by other people's rules?
I am not here to act a certain way just to make someone happy. You are supposed to learn these things when you go through high school, & grow up. You finally see what's important in life, other than trying to be in a "click" or impress your friends to be accepted. Once you are an adult, you should've learned from your mistakes and how to be yourself. Most importantly, learned exactly who you are.
You should be comfortable in who you are. Be true to yourself, and be true to others in the sense that you are honest w/ them and a real friend. Accept your friends for who they are, and choose your friends wisely. Surround yourself w/ people who will lift you up, not drag you down.
If you encounter a friend whom you feel you can't be yourself around, then maybe you shouldn't be friends w/ that person. Life is not about gossip, or who's doing what. Life is about growing, learning, sharing, & embracing. Life is too short to be cattish.
I'll admit, I've made stupid mistakes. I've tried to act a certain way to make people happy. I've dealt w/ this a lot in the past. But, I'm learning. I'm growing up. The only people I now worry about making happy are my husband and family (including those friends who are considered family). Those are the people who matter most. Those are the people who will be there when no one else is.
From the words of Ziggy Marley : "Do what you feel and don't you fool yourself; Call me selfish if you will, my life I alone can live; I don't care if it hurts, I'm tired of all these lies and games; I've reached a point in life, no longer can I be this way; I've got to be true to myself."
So if you see a change in me, take it w/ a grain of salt. It's for the better. Love me or leave me.
I've got the best friend of all: Jesus Christ! :)

No comments: