Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Home is where the <3 is..

I've heard my mother say plenty of times that her heart lies on that "farm" near my Granny & Papa. Even though she & my stepfather are building a million dollar home in Louisiana, she says it will never really be her home...

Why can't I say that about my home in south Mississippi?? Why doesn't it bother me that I no longer live there? Why am I not home sick?

Yes, my heart is where my family, true friends, and memories are.. But, I don't know that I could truly say that my heart is in Mississippi. Every time I go "home" I am comfortable around my family and the few real friends I've kept in touch with since I left, but I always feel a little out of place. I always feel that I really don't know who some of those people I've known all my life are.

My heart is where my husband is. That is my life now. That is what matters most. Home is where we are going to build a life.
As the time is drawing to an end here in Texas, where will Patrick & I call home? I am excited to find out!

I guess I really did break away..

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly.
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky.
Make a wish, take a chance,
Make a change, and break away.
Out of the darkness and into the sun.
But I won't forget all the ones that I love.
I'll take a risk, take a chance,
Make a change, and break away

No comments: